In the following, we would like to inform you about the data collection and data processing when visiting our websites. We have imposed strict rules upon ourselves in regard to confidentiality of personal information. They show that the protection of your data is extremely important to us. We believe that you have the right to know what information we collect, how we use it and what influence you have on its use. Person in charge of data protection – Company Data Protection Officer
iceCool Systems GmbH & Co. KG
D-56745 Bell, Germany
Manager: Ulrich Nachtmann
Phone: + 49 (0) 24 33 – 97 05 80
Fax: + 49 (0) 24 33 – 97 05 81
Collection and Storage of Personal Data and Type and Purpose of Use
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 subs. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest arises from the data collection purposes listed below. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you. You can visit our website without disclosing information about yourself.
A) Upon visiting our websites, the following information will be stored in the server-logfiles:
- the page from which the file was requested (so-called referrer URL)
- the name of the file
- the date and time of the request
- a description of the type of web browser/browser version used and operating system
Host name of the accessing computer. The mentioned data is processed by us for the following internal purposes and do not allow us to draw conclusions on your person:
- ensuring a proper and smooth connection of the website
- ensuring a comfortable usage of the website
- evaluation of system security and stability
- for further administrative purposes, e.g. to optimize our websites
B) We collect and store personal data, if you provide us with these because you contacted us, e.g. volunteer it via our contact form. The data collected depends on the one hand on your request, i.e. the content of your message, and on the other hand from the contact data requested in the form (company, name, address, e-mail address, telephone number).
Generally, we only use the data provided by you in connection with the processing of your requests for the purposes of contract implementation, office administration, controlling, billing and customer service.
Your information may also be used by us for the purpose of marketing our own services and, where deemed appropriate, information about linked third-party products and services from our legitimate interest in initiating business and intensifying our business relationship with you for the purpose of sending e-mails (with your permission) and physical mail will be processed.
Cookies are used to make the use of our services more effective for you. We use so-called session cookies. These do not contain any personal data and expire after the end of the session.
In addition, to improve usability, we may also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specified time period. If you visit our site again, it automatically recognizes that you have already visited us before and it will remember what inputs and settings you have made. Therefore, you do not to have to re-enter them.
You can set your browser so that no cookies are stored on your end device or a message appears before a new cookie is created. However, disabling cookies could result in you not being able to use all features of our website.
The data processed through cookies are required for the previously mentioned purposes in order to secure our legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 subs. f GDPR.
Use of Google Maps
This website uses Google Maps, a map service of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, to display an interactive map and to create maps.
Because of the use of Google Maps, information about your use of this website (including your IP address) may be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google may transfer the information obtained from Maps to third parties if required by law or if the third parties process this data on behalf of Google.
Link to Our YouTube, Facebook and Instagram Pages,
On our pages we use links in the design of Youtube, Facebook and Instagram logos to our respective pages on these platforms. YouTube is operated by YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. Facebook is operated by Facebook, Inc., 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA.
Instagram is operated by Instagram LLC, 1601 Willow Rd, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA. As long as you are on our pages, no data is transferred to these operators by the mere presence of links. You can find more information about the local use of the data in the data protection policy of the respective platform if you follow the links. Please note that we have no influence on data protection practices there.
Data Retention Period
We store your personal data only as long as we need it for the processing of the above-mentioned survey purposes (if necessary, until the conclusion of legal disputes), as long as your consent for the storage persists and as long as it meets the statutory retention obligations (e.g in accordance with HGB and AO). If you wish to have your customer data deleted prematurely, you are welcome to contact us at any time. However please note, that certain data storage requirements (for example, according to HGB and AO) exist, at least for paid services. In these cases, the data are not deleted but blocked. Blocking means that the personal data is marked to restrict further dissemination or use.
Data Storage Locations
The devices on which your personal information is processed, as well as corresponding paper files, are located at our headquarters (the address corresponds to the one specified above for the data processing place), as well as on secured server systems in Germany. Access to it is only possible for authorized persons of our company who are concerned with the technical, commercial or editorial support of these servers and are obliged to data protection.
Your information may be disclosed to third parties, including banks, tax accountants, debt collection agencies, credit bureaus, legal representatives, courts, administrative authorities and our suppliers. However, we will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- You have expressively given your consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 subs. a GDPR,
- Disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 subs. f GDPR is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data in case there are statutory obligations for a disclosure according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 applies subs. c GDPR,
- And if it is permitted by law and
- Required for the settlement of contractual relationships with you in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 subs. b GDPR.
We use the SSL technologies (Secure Socket Layer) on our website in conjunction with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. Generally, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we make use of 128-bit technology instead. Whether a particular page of our website is encrypted is communicated through a closed key or lock icon in the lower status bar of your browser. We also take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
You have the right:
- To request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a right to complain, the source of your data (if it was not collected by us), and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if necessary, meaningful information about their details;
- In accordance to Art. 16 GDPR, to demand the immediate correction of incorrect data or the completion of personal data stored by us;
- In accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, except where the processing is for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- To demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, if the accuracy of the data is disputed by you or the processing is unlawful, but you reject their deletion and we no longer need the data, but you should need them to assert, exercise or defense legal claims or you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- To object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided that your personal data are being processed because of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 subs. f GDPR and insofar as there are reasons for the objection that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertisement mail. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without requiring you to specify a particular situation.
- To obtain your personal data provided to us in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another responsible person;
- To revoke your once granted consent to against us at any time in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent in the future;
- To complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. Generally, you may contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our headquarters. For our headquarters, the following authority is responsible:
The State Representative for Data Protection and Freedom of Information Rhineland-Palatinatez
Hintere Bleiche 34, 55116 Mainz
Phone (0 61 31) 208-2449
Fax (0 61 31) 208-2497
However, if you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, a message to us suffices or you may establish contact in person:
iceCool Systems GmbH & Co. KG
Phone: + 49 (0) 24 33 – 97 05 80
Fax: + 49 (0) 24 33 – 97 05 81